Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I see you...

Last Wednesday, February 9th, Aaron and I took a trip to our local Open Arms center and had our first ultrasound. I've had an ultrasound before (it was discovered last year that I have an ovarian cyst) but this experience was quite different. They took multiple pictures (I'll post some soon) in which the little being, his umbilical cord, and his living space were visible. We were also able to see our child's first movements as "it" wiggled. It was incredible to see the tiny human being growing inside of me.

After taking pictures, the doctor did a head-rump measurement, which determined that the baby was around 9 weeks old (about 10 now). We were also given a new, more accurate due date of September 13.

Aaron and I ask that you continue to keep us in your prayers. My morning sickness (aka all day sickness) has continued and even worsened over the past week, and eating has become quite the chore. Peppermints, which are said to calm the stomach, have become my constant companion, and it is rare to see me without one in my mouth. I constantly worry about the health of the baby (it's starting already!), especially since I am having a hard time eating. Aaron is doing a wonderful job keeping me as comfortable as possible. He's constantly running to the kitchen to keep me well stocked with drinks and food (when desired), and running to the bathroom when I need comfort as I empty all that he has stocked. We are obviously all in need of your continued prayer, and thank you all for your prayerful support thus far.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOOM BABY! This is Aaron asking you all to pray for a girl.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie!!!! I didn't know you were expecting??? WOW congrats!!! I am excited for you. I ame across your blog from Butler's blog. now I have someone else;s journal to read. You guys r great.

julie

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home