Friday, February 25, 2005

2 Corinthians 12:10 says...

"Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong." This has always been my favorite verse, but it seems as though I've had a hard time remembering what it says these past couple of weeks. They have been weeks of tests, papers, homework, work, youth group, special events, and sickness. They've been those kind of weeks during which you constantly tell yourself, "after this week, things can only get better." It seems that I have the hardest time spending time with God during those kind of weeks, though it is then that I need God the most...I know, how ironic.

I wish that I had more time to write, but...ahem...the week isn't over yet, and I'm still on the run. Aaron and I are doing well, despite the pressure of school, work, and life in general. We ask (as always) for your continued prayer. I hope to write again soon and give everyone an update on Baby McDonald. He/she is almost 12 weeks old now, and continues to grow at a rapid rate. We have our next ultrasound next Wednesday, after which I hope to write that exciting update :).

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Somehow the hardships you list seem out of sync with the text you cite from 1 Corinthians. You speak of tests and writing troubles. Paul was talking about being stoned to a point just shy of death (which surely broke quite a few bones); being whipped 39 times with a whip designed to tear the flesh off yoru back with great efficiency; sharing a jail cell with rats for extended periods; being hunted by bands of men sworn to your execution, not to mention the all the near death marine episodes. To put it as politely as I know how, the comparison eludes me.

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home