Thursday, July 28, 2005

Long Time No Talky...

I have come to realize that quite a bit of time has passed without me writing anything on here, and I know how you all just sit on the edge of your chairs waiting for an update from me. A lot has happened in the quickly passing month of July, both good and bad. First of all, yesterday was Aaron's last day as night supervisor at the park. As to how that came about, it is a very long story...Basically, he's been ready to get out of there for a long time, and the straw that broke the camel's back was applied two weeks ago. Aaron is now temporarily working for Beaverson Roofing (we've all got to do it at least once in our lives!). Today is his first day on the job, and, lucky for him, the Missouri heat wave that we have been smoldering in for the past few weeks has left...for now. As he works on the peaks rising above Moberly (I'm talking about the roofs people...you're lucky if you find a hill to climb around here), he's actively searching for a job. He's currently pursuing a position with the "Evil Empire" (Wal*Mart Distribution Center), and has already been called in there for an interview on Saturday. It's a good looking job, which could pay around $15 an hour (more than twice what he was making at the park). Aaron would also only have to work three days a week (three shifts of eleven hours) so he would actually be able to spend some time at home! We won't know what to do if we get to see each other more than a couple of hours a day!

Me and Aaron were (by the grace of God...and Dr Dull) able to endure summer school and pass all of our classes! I am now officially done at CCCB (one of those bitter-sweet things) and just have to finish up at MACC to receive my degrees. I should be done with this stage of college by May of next year! Aaron only has one semester left at CCCB, and will also be done in May.

Baby McDonald is doing very well, and growing quite rapidly, if I do say so myself. I've been feeling quite well, despite the back/hip/tailbone pain that I've been dealing with for a few months now. I often catch myself trying to run from place to place, and laugh when I realize what I must look like...waddle-running can't be all that attractive.

We have been doing our best to continue to prepare for the arrival of our bundle of joy. People have continued to be more than generous, supplying us with clothes (we could seriously dress an army of 0-3 month olds) and various other supplies. With all of the stuff we have received, we still need to buy a crib and quite a few other essential items. Though our financial situation prevents us from doing this quite yet, we are confident that God will continue to provide.

There are three cats outside the window next to me crying for attention, and it is my job as an animal-lover to give in. Since you have already been so kind to take the time to read my blog, could you also take some time to pray for Aaron, baby, and me? Please specifically keep in mind Aaron's job situation, our financial situation, and the health of our little one.

PS I must say congratulations to Caleb Butler, who has informed me of his recent engagement! I know a lot of girls who will be simply heart-broken. God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home